Work on your laptop without sweating your hands or burning your wrists becomes impossible?
Frustrated with the amount of information floating around the inter-webs about How To Fix Overheating Laptop Without Taking It Apart?
Today’s question comes from a sense comment about How To Fix Overheating Laptop Without Taking It Apart. A great question we have been asked it much time.
A laptop is still very practical. It allows you to watch TV shows while staying under the duvet, to work in your sofa, or to Skype from the toilet (with a certain discretion or extreme intimacy with your interlocutor • trice). In short, it quickly becomes difficult to do without it.
Alas, by dint of soliciting it without counting the tabs, your laptop shows signs of warming up. He burns handcuffs, wrists, even thighs, and threatens to take off at any time with his fan. His fans? It’s such a racket that you do not know how much they are in there. Oh, and most of all, he’s paddling. He trains a lot.
The fact is that a notebook does not have the same cooling capacity as a desktop laptop, and too high a temperature can not only slow down your laptop considerably, but also make it crash, and age before age. . And that’s sad. So for this second edition of 64 shades of bits, I suggest you come back on all these little things that will help you refresh your laptop, and so to preserve its tender youth.
It’s no secret that laptops are suffering in hot situation, and given the miniaturization and compactness of laptops, they are particularly affected by these temperature rises. Here are 5 tips to avoid premature component wear, the infernal noise of fans, and the repeated crashes of our laptops.
Of course these tips could also apply to desktops and to a lesser extent to 2-in-1 touchscreen tablets.
You Might Be Interested In How To Increase Battery Life Of Laptop
How To Avoid Laptop Overheating
CHOOSE A HARD AND PLANE SURFACE Let your laptop breathe
When your laptop is heating up, unless you have a specific technical problem, it’s usually that you ask too much of it, without ever giving anything back. If you were in a relationship with your laptop, he would plant you as dry, and he would be right (mine threatened me several times). To understand where the problem is, let’s start from the beginning.
The critical components of your laptop are the processor, hard drive, and RAM. The processor is in a way the brain of the laptop: it is he who processes the information and executes the instructions. The hard drive keeps all your data permanently, unlike the RAM, which processes the RAM, that is to say what you use in the moment. And as long as you use these components in the limit of their capacity, there is no problem, even if it ventilates a little from time to time.
For example, if your processor is not powerful enough for you to play League of Legends, hack into Photoshop, and keep fifty tabs of YouTube videos open at the same time, it will quickly let you know. Same for RAM, and for your hard drive if you keep too much mess.
So first of all, preserve your vital components: let them blow. To do this, just adopt a few simple reflexes, which do not seem like that, but can quickly improve the situation!
We like to do a last trick on the Internet before going to bed, but our netbook does not like very much to be put on a mattress. The heat dissipation is worst and it is best placed on a hard and flat surface or on a ventilation system. It is also valid on the knees!
You Might Be Interested In How Much Ram Do I Need On My Laptop
TURN OFF THE LAPTOP FROM TIME TO TIME
- I know, you have a thousand open things, you do not want to close everything tonight. And then, turn off and turn on a laptop too often can use it, it’s true. But conversely, never turning it off or restarting it will quickly make him fart a cable. Do you need to sleep so that your brain can sort through all the information gathered during the day? Your laptop too. At least every three days (depending on your use).
- Well known gamer, the ventilation system that is placed under the laptop has two advantages: it raises your machine and is equipped with a fan. What keep a little cool your laptop!
- If your laptop get hots more and more it is likely that dust is involved. It may be necessary to get a dry air bomb to slide into the vents on your laptop to clear the dust inside. A vacuum cleaner at least its power can also do the job but be careful not to damage the internal components!
- Programs that start up at start up have the annoying tendency to make the laptop work as soon as it is turned on. Freeing up space or preventing them from starting up can reduce processor workload and therefore reduce laptop overheating. If nothing is done you can also restore your laptop to the factory state, the radical solution!
- If you use your laptop at home it may be worth keeping it plugged in to avoid running out of battery. But when it is charging the battery heats a lot more. Do not hesitate to unplug the charger and use it only when necessary.
- In case of hot summers, do not hesitate to raise your laptop to help the fan to do his job. If your laptop is heating up easily, you can get a support (ventilated or not), or just stall a big book under the screen. In the same way, avoid putting it on blankets, or keeping it on your legs too much, you could prevent heat dissipation.
- Do not leave this delicate technology in full sun, and do not put it anywhere, like a table full of crumbs. He will hold it against you, you can be sure of it.
With all that already, your laptop will be less likely to freeze when you are in a hurry. Yes, because a laptop that heats too freeze. It’s funny is not it ?
MAINTAIN YOUR LAPTOP
TAKE THE TEMPERATURE OF YOUR LAPTOP